Install RockNSM on google cloud VM

Hello everyone,
I tried to install Rock on google cloud machine with the following adaptations following this page from Google: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/images/import-existing-image
after many attempts i was able to boot the machine but not to access via SSH or serial port. I’ve also tried to take a working OS after installation and import to Google cloud but without any success. Does this was done before? any experience that can be shared will be great.
Best regards,
Itzik

You will need to ensure that you are using the public address for the instance in GCP and that the appropriate firewall rules have been added.

While it should be possible to get this working with a bit of manual effort, I would add a bit of caution.

1. You won’t have promiscuous access to the network in a cloud environment, so you can’t use this setup to monitor live traffic.

2. You would be much better off to use an existing AMI for RHEL or CentOS and just pull down the ROCK playbooks from GitHub.

With those caveats in mind, let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Hi Brad,
Many thanks for your replay,
I used static IP for the public address in GCP and allow the FW rule for accessing this IP.
I know that this configuration will not monitor live traffic, this is part of a larger test environment to simulate security issues.
I’ll try to go with the manual installation, i’ll let you now how this go.
Best regards,
Itzik