Deploy rocksnm under vagrant

Hello,
first thanks for making this project it’s really interesting \o/
When trying to deploy rocksnm using ./deploy_rock.sh after running “vagrant up” i got this error
PS: i’m running with root user

TASK [sensor-common : Install packages] **************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [simplerockbuild.simplerock.lan]: FAILED! => {“changed”: false, “msg”: “Failure talking to yum: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rocknsm-local: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.\nfile:///srv/rocknsm/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#37 - “Couldn’t open file /srv/rocknsm/repodata/repomd.xml””}
to retry, use: --limit @/vagrant/playbooks/site.retry

PLAY RECAP *******************************************************************************************************************************************
simplerockbuild.simplerock.lan : ok=31 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1

Am i missing something ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

Unfortunately, the Vagrantfile is not a supported configuration to run RockNSM. It exists solely to help in development. This could change in a future iteration, but because running a sensor takes a lot of resources, we can’t support a general use-case of a sensor. We hope to provide something more of an OVA in the future, but we just haven’t implemented that yet in a maintainable way.

You might checkout an excellent blog series called ROCK@home provided by our friends at Perched (who also graciously funds this community site).

-dcode